The first Sunday of every month we come to the table and celebrate communion together.
This is a rich time of participating in the imagery and ancient practice of the tradition.
Every month we change it up and do something a little unique. Here are the plans for the next couple of months:
- In August we are outside for the worship service so communion will take on a unique ‘nature’ theme about wheat and grapes being rooted in the earth.
- In September we will set up 7 big round tables around the worship space and we will commune together and have dialogue about that day’s topic.
- In October we will participate in ‘World Communion Sunday’ by doing a very traditional thing with The Great Thanksgiving. This will be in solidarity with those celebrating all over the world.
- In November we will return to the familiar way that is embedded within the worship gathering as we talk about the verbs in the story: take, bless, break, share.
- In December (also the 1st week of Advent) we will focus on the gift of life. Life is a gift and we want to celebrate that together.
We hope that you will come and join in! We practice an open table so ALL are welcome. We also use gluten-free bread.
Email VHUMCpastor@gmail.com with any questions.