Upcoming Online Gatherings
Sun 9:30 am: BrainStorming with Bo (Meeting ID 409 087 237)
Sun 10:30 am: Worship (Meeting ID 409 087 237)
Wed 10:00 am: Wednesday Gathering (Meeting ID 409 087 237)
Wed 7:00 pm: ImBible Study (Meeting ID 816 3169 5426)
Hygiene Kits for Migrant Evacuees We are extending our collection of items for the migrant community near Salem, which was severely hit by the fires. You may leave your items on the table in the breezeway; Pastor Bo will bring them inside. Needed items include:
- Towels, hand towels, washclothes
- Bar soap (bath size; no Ivory or Jergens)
- Sanitary pads
- Toilet paper
- Bottled Water
- Long combs (6″ of teeth; no pocket combs)
- Gallon size resealable bags
World Communion Sunday Don’t miss worship on October 4! It’s the day that the entire world communes together. And it’s one of Bo’s favorite Sundays!
Homecoming On Sunday, October 11, we will honor those who have been members of VHUMC for 50+ years: Jo Traugh, Thelma Laurens, Marian Barney, Ramona Gard, Kay Petersen, Pat Crawford, John and Barbara McClincy, Marian Swearingen, Alice Scheurman, Sally Madden, Thom White, and Grace Holbrook. Leave them a message on a virtual guest book here – click on the “Sign” button.
Online Games for Youth We’re (slowly!) organizing online games for those in middle and high school. Parents, you should receive an email soon. Let us know how your child would like to participate. The goal is to help the youth bond despite our social distancing.
Ways to Help (by Cesie Scheuermann) People who have lost everything in the fires – a number who were already on the margins and uninsured – need a way to rebuild. They need an immediate place to stay. That all costs money. Looking for a way to respond? Give to one of these trusted organizations:
Oregon-Idaho UMC Disaster Relief
Santiam Canyon Wildfire Relief Fund
American Red Cross
United Methodist Committee on Relief
- Try the free mobile app GivePlus. If you already use our online giving, enter that username and password, or create a new account. You can give either from your bank account or a credit card. You have the option to add a bit to offset the fees charged to the church.
- Amazon will donate a small percentage to VHUMC for every eligible purchase. You must designate Vermont Hills as your charity of choice and start at smile.Amazon.com every visit.
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards card with Vermont Hills (code SY323) and the church will receive a percentage of all your purchases. It costs you nothing and you still receive all your usual benefits.
BrainStorming with Bo Our adult Sunday School resumed last Sunday with the book, “Finding Peace in an Anxious World” by Erin James-Brown. Coming in November: Where the Rubber Meets the Road.
ImBible Study Join this gathering that looks at the bible with a 21st century lens. Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm (link above.) We are readings the books of Amos and Hosea.
Wednesday Morning Gathering We are exploring the physical method of praying using prayer beads. You can join us in the Zoom room (link above) or on Facebook. We’re also posting the videos on our website for those who are unable to attend.
Talk N Thought The “dynamite” ladies of TnT are meeting in the circle drive at the church every Tuesday at 1:00 pm. If you’d like to be included in their email list, please notify Linda Miller.
Prayer Chain Email your prayer requests to PrayerVHUMC@gmail.com. If you do not have access to email, you may call Linda Miller at 503.699.8628. The ‘Prayers of the People’ is crafted weekly from this information; please indicate if your prayer is private.