SUMMER HOURS FOR WORSHIP: 10:00—11:00
Begins next week, July 1
Preview for this Sunday: [youtube id=”CzYC9xaq1Zs”]
Church Office Closed from Friday, June 29 through Sunday, July 8. Pastor Bo is available on his cell phone (503.567.9095) for pastoral care.
Love Thy Neighbor: NW Gathering of Revival “We believe God is re-creating our world, and we want to join in. We don’t know the future, but we do believe that God is at work and we know that we need each other and our neighbors more than ever.” June 29 & 30 at Sunnyside Community House. Interested? Go to www.ordinaryrevival.org
Get Ready for “Love Unbound” This July and August we are going to engage in a powerful conversation. What if love is better than we even imagined? What if grace is just the tip of the iceberg? What if there is more hope than we knew? What if God is behind it all? We will be using Elaine Heath’s book, “God Unbound.” This 8-week series is going to take a rewarding and encouraging look at a faithful response to changing times.
Youth Mission Trip Our youth leave on Sunday, July 8 for a week in Idaho. They will need six sack lunches and plenty of snacks to take with them. Please contact Elizabeth or the church office if you can help.
Potluck BBQ Sunday, July 8, we’ll carpool to Beaverton First UMC to join them for lunch. They will provide burgers and hot dogs. Let’s go make friends with our partner church!
- Projectionist: If you have the ability to press the space bar on a keyboard, you are qualified! The only requirement is that you must pay attention.
- Kid’s Storyteller: Looking for 5 people to present a 10-15 minute lesson (provided by Elizabeth) during the worship service. Storytellers will rotate on a weekly basis. Childcare staff will be with the children for the entire hour and will assist with the lesson.
- Ushers: Friendly faces to greet visitors and help during the service. If you are new to this, we will pair you with an experienced usher who can show you the ropes.
- Podcast Editor: If you have some computer skills and are willing to learn, Pastor Bo could really use some help publishing the podcasts each week. Let him know if you have questions about what is involved. It takes about 20 minutes, 3 times a week
- Coffee Host: You come before the service and host after the service. Dori will set you up with everything you need. Immediate need for July 1 and 8; sign up for fall dates today!
- Hospitality Team: Several people who would take turns setting up and cleaning up for events such as potlucks. The more people who sign up for this, the less work you do! If you already help with this, let us know. Talk to Virginia or Bryan for more information.
Sacred Everyday This series concludes this Sunday, but the book and the blogs are still all yours to read, re-read, or savor as you continue to look for the sacred in your everyday life. Find the blogs here.
Prayer Chain Please email your prayer requests to PrayerVHUMC@gmail.com. If you do not have access to email, you may call Linda Miller at 503.929.6696. The ‘Prayers of the People’ is crafted each week from this information.
Thank you to all those who have volunteered for today’s worship service:
Coffee: Susan Zotter and Katie Simpson
Be sure to check out Vermont Hills UMC’s website vermonthillsumc.org,
and our new Interactive Calendar vermonthillsumc.org/events,
for all the latest happenings going on with the church, special videos and Facebook posts.
Connect with Pastor Bo Sanders: 503-567-9095 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark your calendars now for some upcoming dates and events:
July 1 Summer Hours begin! Worship at 10:00 am!
July 1 Love Unbound Series begins!
July 8 Potluck BBQ at Beaverton FUMC
July 8-14 Youth Mission Trip in Idaho
July 9-12 SWPCC Summer Camp
July 14 All Church Work Party