Thank you, Melanie Wilson, for preparing the living cross for Easter morning! And thanks to all who brought flowers. The cross stood at the entrance to the parking lot for three days, for the neighborhood to enjoy.
Our next in-person worship in the Fellowship Hall is this Sunday, Apr 11, at 10:30 am. Masks and distancing are required. We can allow only nine people besides the host, Bryan. Priority is given to those without internet connection at home. Please email the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you’d like to attend.
Mother’s Day Essays
Bo is seeking three moms to write a page-long reflection on being a mother. These will be part of our Mother’s Day worship service. Please contact Bo if you can help.
“Seeing the World Through Rosé Colored Glasses”
- Handcrafted (jewelry/yard art)
- Homecooked (soup/desserts/bread)
- Services (weeding/hauling)
- Experiences (outdoor picnics/stargazing)
Here’s a letter and a form for soliciting outside donations.
April 30 Items due at church so they can be photographed
May 2 Online bidding begins
May 2 – 8 Sign up for your personal timeslot to view items
May 9 Bidding ends
May 10 – 14 Sign up for your personal timeslot to pick up your items
May 15 – 16 Item pickup and payment
Donations and questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
Habitat for Humanity’s HopeBuilder Breakfast
Grab your morning coffee and learn about Habitat for Humanity’s work across the Portland region. You’ll have the chance to hear from award-winning journalist Ann Curry, meet Habitat homeowners, and have the opportunity to support the building and repairing of more than 115 homes this year in Portland, Beaverton, and Hillsboro. Wednesday, Apr 28, at 8:00 am, online. Learn more and register here
- Try the free mobile app GivePlus. If you already use our online giving, enter that username and password, or create a new account. You can give either from your bank account or a credit card. You have the option to add a bit to offset the fees charged to the church.
- Amazon will donate a small percentage to VHUMC for every eligible purchase. You must designate Vermont Hills as your charity of choice and start at smile.Amazon.com every visit.
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards card with Vermont Hills (code SY323) and the church will receive a percentage of all your purchases. It costs you nothing and you still receive all your usual benefits.
- Have a vehicle (car, motorcycle, boat, etc) that is just hanging around your house? Now you can utilize CarEasy.org to donate the sale to VHUMC. Click on “Choose a Nonprofit” and enter the details at the bottom of the page. Click on our logo to learn more and start the process. Easy peasy and the church gets 70% of the sale!
Talk N Thought The “dynamite” ladies of TnT are meeting in the Fellowship Hall every Tuesday at 1:00 pm, with appropriate safety measures. If you’d like to be included in their email list, please notify Linda Miller.
Prayer Chain Email your prayer requests to PrayerVHUMC@gmail.com. If you do not have access to email, you may call Linda Miller at 503.699.8628. The ‘Prayers of the People’ is crafted weekly from this information; please indicate if your prayer is private.