Relaxation and Renewal
Pastor Bo will be off from May 1 through 9. There is no BrainStorming with Bo on May 2 or 9, or Mid-Week Check-in on May 5, but bible study will meet on May 5.
“Seeing the World Through Rosé Colored Glasses” Auction
Tomorrow: the last day to bring an item to Fellowship Hall. Virginia will be there from 3:00 – ?? pm
Saturday: donors get early access (watch your email!)
Sunday: bidding begins at noon
Auction site: https://www.32auctions.com/RoseColoredGlasses You may view items without creating an account. To bid you will need to enter your name and email address (no financial info needed).
We challenge everyone to invite a (non-VHUMC) friend to our online auction!
Sunday through Saturday (May 2-8): view items in person in Fellowship Hall. Sign up for your personal viewing time at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4AA4AF23A3F58-view. Bring a fully vax’d friend!
Sunday, May 9: bidding ends at noon
Sunday through Saturday (May 9-15): Winning bidders, sign up for your personal timeslot to pick up your items at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4AA4AF23A3F58-pick
Saturday and Sunday (May 15 – 16): Item pickup and payment – bring your checkbook!
Our next in-person worship in the Fellowship Hall is Sunday, May 9, at 10:30 am. Masks and distancing are required. We can allow only nine people besides the host, Bryan. Priority is given to those without internet connection at home. Please email the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you’d like to attend.
Light in the Tunnel: Stories of Hope and Resilience
Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon presents a free online gala on May 19!
It seems like all we hear about is the negative. We too often miss the simple stories of people helping one another, the remarkable stories of Oregonians living their values and serving their neighbors. This event will inspire and encourage while offering you the opportunity to financially support the ongoing work of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon in direct service programs, advocacy, education and unity-building. EMO’s “Ecumenists of the Year” Randy and Edith Woodley will also be honored. Register for this free event at emoregon.org.
- If you don’t need your stimulus check, the church does! Please consider donating any extra funds to help us meet our budget. Mail a check or give through our website, vermonthillsumc.org. Thanks!
- Try the free mobile app GivePlus. If you already use our online giving, enter that username and password, or create a new account. You can give either from your bank account or a credit card. You have the option to add a bit to offset the fees charged to the church.
- Amazon will donate a small percentage to VHUMC for every eligible purchase. You must designate Vermont Hills as your charity of choice and start at smile.Amazon.com every visit. Now available in the Amazon phone app!
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards card with Vermont Hills (code SY323) and the church will receive a percentage of all your purchases. It costs you nothing and you still receive all your usual benefits.
- Have a vehicle (car, motorcycle, boat, etc) that is just hanging around your house? Now you can utilize CarEasy.org to donate the sale to VHUMC. Click on “Choose a Nonprofit” and enter the details at the bottom of the page. Click on our logo to learn more and start the process. Easy peasy and the church gets 70% of the sale!
Talk N Thought The “dynamite” ladies of TnT are meeting in the Fellowship Hall every Tuesday at 1:00 pm, with appropriate safety measures. If you’d like to be included in their email list, please notify Linda Miller.
Prayer Chain Email your prayer requests to PrayerVHUMC@gmail.com. If you do not have access to email, you may call Linda Miller at 503.699.8628. The ‘Prayers of the People’ is crafted weekly from this information; please indicate if your prayer is private.