Thanks to everyone who donated to SW Hope this month. They exceeded their $50K goal by raising $85,804. Here is a short video thank-you from Executive Director Chris Chiacchierini as he runs in the SW Hope 5k.
Youth Tie-Dye Party
Your youth and a friend are invited to join us this Saturday, Apr 24, at 1:00 pm to do some tie-dying! Bring a prewashed (no fabric softener) all cotton item to dye. We will meet outside Fellowship Hall. Please notify Virginia if bringing a friend, so that we have enough supplies.
Our next in-person worship in the Fellowship Hall is this Sunday, Apr 25, at 10:30 am. Masks and distancing are required. We can allow only nine people besides the host, Bryan. Priority is given to those without internet connection at home. Please email the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you’d like to attend.
Mother’s Day Essays
Bo is seeking two more moms to write a page-long reflection on being a mother. These will be part of our Mother’s Day worship service. Please contact Bo if you can help.
“Seeing the World Through Rosé Colored Glasses” Auction
Not all items are entered/photographed, but explore the website and start planning your bids at https://www.32auctions.com/RoseColoredGlasses You may view items without creating an account. To bid (beginning May 2) you will need to enter your name and email address (no financial info needed).
- April 30 Items due at church so they can be photographed. Virginia will be in Fellowship Hall on Mon & Tue, Apr 26-27, 12:30 – 3:00 if you need access. Email email@example.com for other arrangements
- May 1 Donors get early access, to bid or Buy Now
- May 2 Online bidding begins at noon
- Sign up for your personal timeslot to view items in Fellowship Hall, May 2 – 8: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4AA4AF23A3F58-view
- May 9 Bidding ends at noon
- Winning bidders, sign up for your personal timeslot to pick up your items at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4AA4AF23A3F58-pick
- May 15 – 16 Item pickup and payment – bring your checkbook!
At this point, we don’t know if the church will be able to hold any more fundraisers this year (i.e. spaghetti dinner, VHUMC travelers) so please give as if the church depended on it! Donations and questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relaxation and Renewal
It’s past time for Pastor Bo to take some time off! He will be off from May 1 through 9.
Light in the Tunnel: Stories of Hope and Resilience
Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon presents a free online gala on May 19!
It seems like all we hear about is the negative. We too often miss the simple stories of people helping one another, the remarkable stories of Oregonians living their values and serving their neighbors. This event will inspire and encourage while offering you the opportunity to financially support the ongoing work of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon in direct service programs, advocacy, education and unity-building. EMO’s “Ecumenists of the Year” Randy and Edith Woodley will also be honored. Register for this free event at emoregon.org.
Habitat for Humanity’s HopeBuilder Breakfast
Last chance to register! Learn about Habitat for Humanity’s work across the Portland region. You’ll hear from award-winning journalist Ann Curry, meet Habitat homeowners, and have the opportunity to support the building and repairing of more than 115 homes this year in Portland, Beaverton, and Hillsboro. Wednesday, Apr 28, at 8:00 am, online. Learn more and register here
- If you don’t need your stimulus check, the church does! Please consider donating any extra funds to help us meet our budget. Mail a check or give through our website, vermonthillsumc.org. Thanks!
- Try the free mobile app GivePlus. If you already use our online giving, enter that username and password, or create a new account. You can give either from your bank account or a credit card. You have the option to add a bit to offset the fees charged to the church.
- Amazon will donate a small percentage to VHUMC for every eligible purchase. You must designate Vermont Hills as your charity of choice and start at smile.Amazon.com every visit. Now available in the Amazon phone app!
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards card with Vermont Hills (code SY323) and the church will receive a percentage of all your purchases. It costs you nothing and you still receive all your usual benefits.
- Have a vehicle (car, motorcycle, boat, etc) that is just hanging around your house? Now you can utilize CarEasy.org to donate the sale to VHUMC. Click on “Choose a Nonprofit” and enter the details at the bottom of the page. Click on our logo to learn more and start the process. Easy peasy and the church gets 70% of the sale!
Talk N Thought The “dynamite” ladies of TnT are meeting in the Fellowship Hall every Tuesday at 1:00 pm, with appropriate safety measures. If you’d like to be included in their email list, please notify Linda Miller.
Prayer Chain Email your prayer requests to PrayerVHUMC@gmail.com. If you do not have access to email, you may call Linda Miller at 503.699.8628. The ‘Prayers of the People’ is crafted weekly from this information; please indicate if your prayer is private.