Holy Week Services
- Online Good Friday service tomorrow night at 7:00 pm: We will be extinguishing seven candles as we proceed into darkness throughout the service. You are invited to participate by gathering your candles/tealights before the service. In partnership with West Portland and Westside UMC. Same Zoom link as Sunday morning worship
- Outdoor Easter service this Sunday, Apr 4, 9:00 am: 30-minute, in-person worship service on the circle drive. Bring your mask, lawn chair, and flowers for the Easter cross if you have some. Service will also be available to watch online.
- Online Easter service, Sunday, Apr 4, 10:30 am: Joy will abound even if we are in our own homes! Have your communion elements ready.
- Please note – there is no BrainStorming with Bo on Easter
All Church Work Day
Saturday, Apr 3, beginning at 10:00 am. Bring your work gloves, masks, and your favorite tools (pruners, rake, etc.) and let’s spruce up our campus! There’s a job for everyone. YouthGamers, don’t forget that we’re gathering at 11:00!
Our bishop, Elaine Stanovsky, is urging all pastors to take off the week after Easter to rest and recharge. There will be no Mid-Week Check-In or ImBible Study this next week (April 5-10).
This annual food and fund drive, in support of the Neighborhood House Food Pantry, continues!
- Kiwanis Club SW is hosting a DRIVE-UP AND DONATE food and fund drive this Saturday, April 3, from 10am-2pm at the SW Community Center, 6820 SW 45th Ave. Every donation of $20 or 20 pounds of food will be entered into a raffle to win restaurant gift certificates and more. Masks and social distancing required.
- Virtual 5K Walk/Run, Apr 5-11. Vermont Hills has registered a virtual team, open to all. Enter “VH Ramblers” as the team you’re joining – password is vhumc. Walk on your own anytime between Apr 5 and 11. Registration is $30; t-shirts available. Learn more and register at https://runsignup.com/Race/OR/Portland/swhope5k
As always, you can also give through our website or mail a check designated for SW Hope.
Our next in-person worship in the Fellowship Hall is Sunday, Apr 11, at 10:30 am. Masks and distancing are required. Open to all who miss human connection. We can host nine people; those without internet connection will be given priority. Please email officeVHUMC@gmail.com if you would like to attend.
“Seeing the World Through Rosé Colored Glasses”
Auction 2021 is all about hope and possibilities (and perhaps wine!) 😊
Here’s a letter and a form for outside donations.
April 30 Items due at church so they can be photographed
May 2 Online bidding begins
May 2 – 8 Sign up for your personal timeslot to view items
May 9 Bidding ends
May 10 – 14 Sign up for your personal timeslot to pick up your items
May 15 – 16 Item pickup and payment
Donations and questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
Habitat for Humanity’s HopeBuilder Breakfast
Grab your morning coffee and learn about Habitat for Humanity’s work across the Portland region. You’ll have the chance to hear from award-winning journalist Ann Curry, meet Habitat homeowners, and have the opportunity to support the building and repairing of more than 115 homes this year in Portland, Beaverton, and Hillsboro. Wednesday, Apr 28, at 8:00 am, online. Learn more and register here
For those who would like to send a note, Jim Garrett’s new address is Suncrest Adult Care, 1685 Valley View Dr, West Linn, 97068.
- Try the free mobile app GivePlus. If you already use our online giving, enter that username and password, or create a new account. You can give either from your bank account or a credit card. You have the option to add a bit to offset the fees charged to the church.
- Amazon will donate a small percentage to VHUMC for every eligible purchase. You must designate Vermont Hills as your charity of choice and start at smile.Amazon.com every visit.
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards card with Vermont Hills (code SY323) and the church will receive a percentage of all your purchases. It costs you nothing and you still receive all your usual benefits.
- Have a vehicle (car, motorcycle, boat, etc) that is just hanging around your house? Now you can utilize CarEasy.org to donate the sale to VHUMC. Click on “Choose a Nonprofit” and enter the details at the bottom of the page. Click on our logo to learn more and start the process. Easy peasy and the church gets 70% of the sale!
Talk N Thought The “dynamite” ladies of TnT are meeting in the Fellowship Hall every Tuesday at 1:00 pm, with appropriate safety measures. If you’d like to be included in their email list, please notify Linda Miller.
Prayer Chain Email your prayer requests to PrayerVHUMC@gmail.com. If you do not have access to email, you may call Linda Miller at 503.699.8628. The ‘Prayers of the People’ is crafted weekly from this information; please indicate if your prayer is private.