Creation Justice – Caring for Our World
The Columbia District UMW chapter is hosting an online panel this Saturday, March 20, on caring for our world. The program begins at 10:00 am (login open at 9:45) and ends at 12:30 pm. Panelists and topics include:
- “Honor the Earth” with Coyote Marie Hunter-Ripper, Cherokee Traditional Practitioner
- “Truth Telling and Invitation to Essential and Moral Voices” with Rev. Richenda Fairhurst, Circle Faith Future, The Climate Reality Project Southwestern Oregon Chapter
- “Spirituality & Environmental Justice” with Cherice Bock, Creation Advocate, Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon
To register, email Lydia Henry your name, email address, church, and UMW Chapter (if applicable). She will send you confirmation and the Zoom link.
This annual food and fund drive, in support of the Neighborhood House Food Pantry, has two upcoming “Take Out to Donate” events:
Click on the links to order online for pickup or delivery. SW Hope will receive 10% of proceeds. As always, you can also give through our website or mail a check designated for SW Hope.
Our next in-person worship in the Fellowship Hall will be Sunday, Mar 28, at 10:30 am. Masks and distancing are required. We can host nine people; those without internet connection will be given priority. Please email officeVHUMC@gmail.com if you would like to attend.
All Church Work Day
Saturday, Apr 3, beginning at 10:00 am. Bring your work gloves, masks, and your favorite tools (pruners, rake, etc.) and let’s spruce up our campus! There’s a job for everyone (I’m looking at you, YouthGamers!)
Holy Week Services
- Online Good Friday service, Friday, Apr 2, 7:00 pm: We will be extinguishing seven candles as we proceed into darkness throughout the service. You are invited to participate by gathering your candles/tealights before the service.
- Outdoor Easter service, Sunday, Apr 4, 9:00 am: Bring your lawn chair and mask to this 30-minute, in-person worship service on the circle drive.
- Online Easter service, Sunday, Apr 4, 10:30 am: Joy will abound even if we are in our own homes!
“Seeing the World Through Rosé Colored Glasses”
Auction 2021 is all about hope and possibilities (and perhaps wine!) 😊
Bidding begins in just 6 weeks! Ask friends, relatives, bosses, and businesses to donate an item, a service or a gift card. Here’s a letter and a form that you can give them. Donations and questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesdays at 9:00 am. Join us for 20-30 minutes of conversation, intentional prayer, and peace.
BrainStorming with Bo Join us on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am for dynamic conversations! Please note that BS with Bo will no longer be available on Facebook. Join in by clicking on the link above.
ImBible Study We continue our study of the book of Acts – jump in any time! Join us on Wednesday nights at 7:00 pm, using the link above.
- Try the free mobile app GivePlus. If you already use our online giving, enter that username and password, or create a new account. You can give either from your bank account or a credit card. You have the option to add a bit to offset the fees charged to the church.
- Amazon will donate a small percentage to VHUMC for every eligible purchase. You must designate Vermont Hills as your charity of choice and start at smile.Amazon.com every visit.
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards card with Vermont Hills (code SY323) and the church will receive a percentage of all your purchases. It costs you nothing and you still receive all your usual benefits.
- Have a vehicle (car, motorcycle, boat, etc) that is just hanging around your house? Now you can utilize CarEasy.org to donate the sale to VHUMC. Click on “Choose a Nonprofit” and enter the details at the bottom of the page. Click on our logo to learn more and start the process. Easy peasy and the church gets 70% of the sale!
Talk N Thought The “dynamite” ladies of TnT are now meeting in the Fellowship Hall every Tuesday at 1:00 pm, with appropriate safety measures. If you’d like to be included in their email list, please notify Linda Miller.
Prayer Chain Email your prayer requests to PrayerVHUMC@gmail.com. If you do not have access to email, you may call Linda Miller at 503.699.8628. The ‘Prayers of the People’ is crafted weekly from this information; please indicate if your prayer is private.