Upcoming Online Gatherings
Sun 9:30 am: BrainStorming with Bo (Meeting ID 409 087 237)
Sun 10:30 am: Worship (Meeting ID 409 087 237)
Wed 10:00 am: Wednesday Check-in (Meeting ID 409 087 237)
Wed 7:00 pm: ImBible Study (Meeting ID 816 3169 5426)
BrainStorming with Bo Our adult Sunday School class is beginning a series called, “Where the Rubber Meets the Road.” Every week, Bo will post an article or video on our website. This Sunday, the topic can be found here: https://vermonthillsumc.org/brainstorming-nov-8-economy/
Woo-hoo! We’ve got a matching challenge!
For every dollar you donate to NH, it will be matched, up to $750! NH’s fundraising goal is $1.2 million for their six major programs, which include early childhood education, senior services, and homeless families assistance. Here are examples of where your dollars go:
- $10 buys one first-aid kit for an at-home child care provider through the Child Care Improvement Project.
- $20 provides 80 pounds of food for a hungry family.
- $100 covers moving costs and rental applications for a family transitioning to permanent housing.
- $250 provides 20 rides to medical appointments for seniors in need.
- $1,800 provides 6 months of diapers to be distributed to families receiving food assistance.
- $5,000 covers food costs for one month in the Neighborhood House Food Pantry.
- $10,000 will support a homeless family for 9 months, providing stable housing, employment asssistance, and help to transition back to safe, permanent housing.
You may donate through our online giving or mail a check to the office, designated NH. Thanks!
Cold weather has returned and, with it, the need for warm clothing for the homeless. If you knit or crochet, please consider making a hat, scarf, gloves, or socks – or even a dog sweater, to keep their pets warm. We can help with patterns, YouTube tutorials, and even yarn. Contact the church office.
The next gathering for YouthGames will be on Saturday, Nov 14, at 1:00 pm. We meet on Discord, so make sure your youth has a login and has sent a friend request. We’re considering playing Minecraft if everyone has that game. Let us know if you don’t.
Pastor’s Report 2020
A summary of 2020 that Pastor Bo wrote for the Charge Conference. Read it on our website
Action Assemblies Reimagined
Join District Superintendent Tim Overton-Harris and others for the remaining session of a four-week series of Zooms about storytelling, dreaming, and scheming for the year ahead. Based on Bishop Elaine’s 3-part address, which may be found here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Wed, Oct 21: Nurturing Partnerships (https://youtu.be/WuMQUDXCUzo)
- Wed, Oct 28: Building Housing (https://youtu.be/XZ5DooXD-Og)
- Wed, Nov 4: Dismantling Racism (https://youtu.be/Rbc4U6hwPYw)
- Wed, Nov 11: Battling Climate Change REGISTER
All events are from 7:00 – 8:30 pm. You must register to attend.
- Try the free mobile app GivePlus. If you already use our online giving, enter that username and password, or create a new account. You can give either from your bank account or a credit card. You have the option to add a bit to offset the fees charged to the church.
- Amazon will donate a small percentage to VHUMC for every eligible purchase. You must designate Vermont Hills as your charity of choice and start at smile.Amazon.com every visit.
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards card with Vermont Hills (code SY323) and the church will receive a percentage of all your purchases. It costs you nothing and you still receive all your usual benefits.
ImBible Study Join this gathering that looks at the bible with a 21st century lens. Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm (link above.) We are “majoring in the minor prophets”!
Wednesday Morning Check-in We are exploring the physical method of praying using prayer beads. You can join us in the Zoom room (link above) or on Facebook.
Talk N Thought The “dynamite” ladies of TnT are meeting in the circle drive (or under the breezeway) at the church every Tuesday at 1:00 pm when the weather cooperates. If you’d like to be included in their email list, please notify Linda Miller.
Prayer Chain Email your prayer requests to PrayerVHUMC@gmail.com. If you do not have access to email, you may call Linda Miller at 503.699.8628. The ‘Prayers of the People’ is crafted weekly from this information; please indicate if your prayer is private.