Upcoming Online Gatherings
Sun 9:30 am: BrainStorming with Bo (Meeting ID 409 087 237)
Sun 10:30 am: Worship (Meeting ID 409 087 237)
Wed 10:00 am: Wednesday Check-in (Meeting ID 409 087 237)
Wed 7:00 pm: ImBible Study (Meeting ID 816 3169 5426)
It’s time to reclaim that hour of sleep we lost in the spring. On Saturday night, move your clocks back one hour. You’re welcome.
All Saints Day
This Sunday is All Saints Day, when we remember those we have lost. Please contact the church office, officeVHUMC@gmail.com, by noon on Saturday to include the name of a loved one who died this year.
BrainStorming with Bo Our adult Sunday School class is beginning a series called, “Where the Rubber Meets the Road.” Every week, Bo will post an article or video on our website. This Sunday, the topic can be found here: https://vermonthillsumc.org/where-the-rubber-meets-the-road-week-1/
Charge Conference This Monday, Nov 2, at 5:00 pm. District Superintendent Tim Overton-Harris will preside. Besides the annual church business, we will tackle dismantling racism. Read Bishop Elaine Stanovsky’s address on this subject before the meeting. All are invited to attend; however, only church members may vote. Zoom link; Meeting ID: 944 6625 2619, Passcode: 666958.
Support SWPCC Although the preschool that meets in our Fellowship Hall is pausing for this school year, they are still having their annual Wreath Sale. They have several sizes of wreaths and garlands available; photos and prices shown here. Support their efforts at https://www.swparentchild.org/ You can order and pay via PayPal at the bottom of their webpage. Orders are due by Tuesday.
Neighborhood House NH is beginning their yearly fundraising campaign. The goal is $1.2 million for their six major programs, which include early childhood education, senior services, and homeless families assistance. Here’s where your dollars go:
- $10 buys one first-aid kit for an at-home child care provider through the Child Care Improvement Project.
- $20 provides 80 pounds of food for a hungry family.
- $50 pays for one week of healthy, organic food for 10 children to promote mindful eating.
- $100 covers moving costs and rental applications for a family transitioning to permanent housing.
- $250 provides 20 rides to medical appointments for seniors in need.
- $1,800 provides 6 months of diapers to be distributed to families receiving food assistance.
- $5,000 covers food costs for one month in the Neighborhood House Food Pantry.
- $10,000 will support a homeless family for 9 months, providing stable housing, employment asssistance, and help to transition back to safe, permanent housing.
You may donate through our online giving or mail a check to the office, designated NH. Thanks!
Action Assemblies Reimagined
Join District Superintendent Tim Overton-Harris and others for the remaining sessions of a four-week series of Zooms about storytelling, dreaming, and scheming for the year ahead. Based on Bishop Elaine’s 3-part address, which may be found here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Wed, Oct 21: Nurturing Partnerships (https://youtu.be/WuMQUDXCUzo)
- Wed, Oct 28: Building Housing (recording available soon)
- Wed, Nov 4: Dismantling Racism REGISTER
- Wed, Nov 11: Battling Climate Change REGISTER
All events are from 7:00 – 8:30 pm. Attend any or all, but you must register for each to attend.
- Try the free mobile app GivePlus. If you already use our online giving, enter that username and password, or create a new account. You can give either from your bank account or a credit card. You have the option to add a bit to offset the fees charged to the church.
- Amazon will donate a small percentage to VHUMC for every eligible purchase. You must designate Vermont Hills as your charity of choice and start at smile.Amazon.com every visit.
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards card with Vermont Hills (code SY323) and the church will receive a percentage of all your purchases. It costs you nothing and you still receive all your usual benefits.
ImBible Study Join this gathering that looks at the bible with a 21st century lens. Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm (link above.) We are “majoring in the minor prophets”!
Wednesday Morning Check-in We are exploring the physical method of praying using prayer beads. You can join us in the Zoom room (link above) or on Facebook. Here’s the latest – a meditation on Proverbs 1 – if you missed it.
Talk N Thought The “dynamite” ladies of TnT are meeting in the circle drive at the church every Tuesday at 1:00 pm. If you’d like to be included in their email list, please notify Linda Miller.
Prayer Chain Email your prayer requests to PrayerVHUMC@gmail.com. If you do not have access to email, you may call Linda Miller at 503.699.8628. The ‘Prayers of the People’ is crafted weekly from this information; please indicate if your prayer is private.