Upcoming Online Gatherings
Sun 9:30 am: BrainStorming with Bo (Meeting ID 409 087 237)
Sun 10:30 am: Worship (Meeting ID 409 087 237)
Wed 10:00 am: Wednesday Check-in (Meeting ID 409 087 237)
Wed 7:00 pm: ImBible Study (Meeting ID 816 3169 5426)
Action Assemblies Reimagined
Join District Superintendent Tim Overton-Harris and others for the remaining sessions of a four-week series of Zooms about storytelling, dreaming, and scheming for the year ahead. Based on Bishop Elaine’s 3-part address, which may be found here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Wed, Oct 21: Nurturing Partnerships (recording will be available soon)
- Wed, Oct 28: Building Housing REGISTER
- Wed, Nov 4: Dismantling Racism REGISTER
- Wed, Nov 11: Battling Climate Change REGISTER
All events are from 7:00 – 8:30 pm. Attend any or all, but you must register for each to attend.
Charge Conference Mark your calendar for our online conference on Monday, Nov 2, at 5:00 pm. District Superintendent Tim Overton-Harris will preside. Besides the annual church business, we will tackle dismantling racism. Read Bishop Elaine Stanovsky’s address on this subject before the meeting. All are invited to attend; only church members may vote. Zoom link; Meeting ID: 944 6625 2619, Passcode: 666958.
Neighborhood House We continue to collect the following for the tremendous need faced by our neighbors:
- Beans (canned and dried)
- Canned Meats
- Canned/Dry Fruit
- Flour/Baking Mix
If you are able, please bring items to the table in the breezeway at church any weekday. Bo will bring the items inside everyday before he heads home. A cash donation, designated for NH, is always appreciated as well. Thank you!
BrainStorming with Bo In November, our adult Sunday School class will begin a series called, “Where the Rubber Meets the Road.” We’ll take the best of our spring study, The Church of Us vs Them, and find practical examples of building bridges instead of walls. If you have an article or a video you’d like to discuss, contact Pastor Bo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where Love Lives In a video launching the new “Where Love Lives” campaign, the Bishops of the Western Jurisdiction of The United Methodist Church remind us who God calls the Church to be: a faithful, inviting, open, safe and loving home for all people. Watch the video here
- Try the free mobile app GivePlus. If you already use our online giving, enter that username and password, or create a new account. You can give either from your bank account or a credit card. You have the option to add a bit to offset the fees charged to the church.
- Amazon will donate a small percentage to VHUMC for every eligible purchase. You must designate Vermont Hills as your charity of choice and start at smile.Amazon.com every visit.
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards card with Vermont Hills (code SY323) and the church will receive a percentage of all your purchases. It costs you nothing and you still receive all your usual benefits.
ImBible Study Join this gathering that looks at the bible with a 21st century lens. Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm (link above.) We are “majoring in the minor prophets”!
Wednesday Morning Check-in We are exploring the physical method of praying using prayer beads. You can join us in the Zoom room (link above) or on Facebook. We’re also posting the videos on our website for those who are unable to attend.
Talk N Thought The “dynamite” ladies of TnT are meeting in the circle drive at the church every Tuesday at 1:00 pm. If you’d like to be included in their email list, please notify Linda Miller.
Prayer Chain Email your prayer requests to PrayerVHUMC@gmail.com. If you do not have access to email, you may call Linda Miller at 503.699.8628. The ‘Prayers of the People’ is crafted weekly from this information; please indicate if your prayer is private.