Join us this Wednesday at 7pm for a lively (and irreverent) time of reading the Gospel.
It is not your average Bible study! Join the zoom here: https://zoom.us/j/585770550
This video talks about how much fun it is to read the Bible as a progressive.
The 4 layers of our ‘surplus of meaning’ and 3 surprises from the Gospel of Luke.
We ask the text 4 Layers of Questions:
- What would the original audience have heard?
- What has the text come to mean in history?
- What do we do with the text now? (application)
- What is the most the this text can mean? (future horizon)
Three themes that emerged in Luke:
- Jesus uses ‘Dog Whistles’
- the Bible reads differently for those on top or the underside
- Parables are not allegory
Please email VHUMCpastor@gmail.com with any questions